Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Happy birthday to you - Pause Dream Enjoy #10

Wednesday March 7, 2018
 
The Orange team is back with another challenge at
the theme is EMBOSS
 
 
So I knew I needed a masculine birthday card.. so that I what I decided to make. I took my brick embossing folder and spread the inside flap with white ink and added my rust colored cardstock inside and ran it through my machine. When it came out I was disappointed that the white got all over the bricks, but I took advantage of it and added clear embossing powder and heated it. I then liked it as it looks like the lime blotches you get in some bricks. I then took a Taylored Expressions silhouette flower die and black paper. I added this. I then took My Favorite Things sentiment and embossed it in white and added this.. I then took a gray card stock and die cut the YOU four times and layered it. .. I did not like the color against the card so I found some thick copper embossing powder and added three layers of embossing powder till it had a nice round smooth look. I LOVE the way this all came together. Perfect for that masculine card and all is embossed but the silhouette..  Hope I inspired you.. Take a look at the Orange teams creations at PDE..

Challenges:
As you like it - single /multiple layers/why? (adding just a few layers lets the sentiment stand out and simple die cut image. I like the CAS look)
Alphabet challenge - Y-for your choice (anything goes)
Scrapping 4 fun - masculine/boy
Crafty catz #406 - anything goes/opt. baby
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Use your stuff - anything goes
Crafting from the heart #197 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #195 - anything goes
Love to scrap #107 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 324-325 - anything goes
Crafting by designs - anything goes

11 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie, this is gorgeous. Love the bronze sentiment on the brick wall. Those silhouette flowers are beautiful.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the bricks!! They look amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

I like the background and the gentle colours. Thanks for sharing it at Scrapping4fun.
Miroslava DT

Majda said...

What a very wonderful card and your work is excellently created.
Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

Priya said...

Love he background. Beautiful card.
Thank you for playing with us a Scrapping4fun Challenges.
Priya-DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Amazing card, love your bricks
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Monika Reeck said...

Billie
1. the YOU like this is adorable with copper and triple layers of embossing powder
I love the look
and
2. the brick is fenomenal
I never made like this
let us challenge each other with BRICK how to modifie Brick Embossing powder hehe
Cool manly card
and I never put any flower for any manly card of mine
but you did it great
lovely idea
hugs
Monika

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card hun, really like this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

Brenda said...

Loving the texture on your wonderful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight!

Juliet A said...

you embossed this poor card to death but the bricks are gorgeous, and the "You" looks likes so elegant! I'm so glad you joined us at the Heartful Stamping Challenge!

Megan J said...

Hi Billie, a great card for a garden lover, the bricks look like they have aged with the ink and embossing. Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Design. Good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT